Need Funding for School?
Apply for the GCTC Scholarship.
In an effort to grow a local technology talent pool, the Gulf Coast Technology Council (GCTC), a program of the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce, created a Scholarship Fund in 2007 that awards local, qualified college students majoring in a technology/IT field with funds to help them complete their education.
- Full-time enrollment/full class schedule
- At least a junior in 4-year college or beginning 2nd-year student at 2-year college
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 out of 4.0
- College is in Mobile or Baldwin County Alabama
- Major in technology-related field
How do you apply?
- Click here to download the GCTC Scholarship application.
- Submit a copy of your unofficial transcript, with grades from spring semester.
- Provide signed letters from at least three references.
- Write a brief essay (up to 300 words) about your accomplishments, professional goals and why you think you should be awarded the GCTC scholarship.
- Submit application and attachments by email, fax, mail or in person at the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce, 451 Government St., attention to Jena Berson.
For Potential Sponsors:
“The Mobile Chamber of Commerce scholarship encouraged me to look for career opportunities in Mobile.. It helped me to see the opportunities right in front of me and gave me the support I needed to focus on my college career rather than how I was going to pay for books. I now work in Southern Light’s IT department in desktop support and Office365-SharePoint administration.”
“I received my GCTC Scholarship in 2012, as a Mechanical Engineering student, from the University of South Alabama. I currently still attend USA and I am beginning the senior year of my Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering degree. I cannot fully express how helpful this scholarship was/is to me. I am paying my way through school, with the help of scholarships such as GCTC, and this scholarship was a tremendous help in allowing me to further pursue my career goal as a mechanical engineer. I am also an employee of Aker Solutions, Mobile AL. Aker Solutions manufactures umbilicals for oil & gas companies, and I work as a project support intern engineer. The GCTC scholarship is based on creating and keeping a pool of technology savvy people in the great port city of Mobile, AL. I encourage any and all technology majors to allow the GCTC committee to make a way for you to reach your career goal, by applying for the GCTC Scholarship.”